1. How the hell did it take me so long to find Okkervil River? I feel like Iâ€™ve wasted so much time. Iâ€™ve gone from owning no Okkervil River albums to owning 5 in 3 months. And I am a very, very big fan of the new one. I still think my favourite song is Red though. Or maybe Another Radio Song. Maybe.
2. I was discussing this over email with Ben today â€“ I feel like I am consistently about 3 steps behind the rest of the world. Sometimes itâ€™s a blessing, but often it means Iâ€™m having revelations about something everyone else has already gotten over. Oh well. You canâ€™t rush these things clearly.
3. For some reason my mind is only really working in point form this evening.
4. Who knew finding a birthday cake in the shape of Cookie Monster could be such an arduous exercise.
5. If youâ€™re annoyed at something, or itâ€™s becoming increasingly the bane of your whole freaking existence, removing said annoyance and placing it in, say, Ukraine, does not mean it will decrease in annoyingness. Damn email and phone technology to HELL.
6. If I think too much about how much work I have to get done before Friday afternoon this week I get a little short of breath. So between 8:30am and 6:00pm, if itâ€™s all the same to you, Iâ€™m just not thinking about it.
7. Yes. The horse flu situation is bad. Yes. Itâ€™ll likely effect our business if they canâ€™t resume racing. I feel like I have said this perhaps 1289738912 times in the last 48 hours.
8. Itâ€™s like that feeling you get when you knock over a cup of coffee and you have papers and files everywhere and you know that no matter how fast you go with the cleaning and the mopping and the moving of papers and picking up glasses, every MF piece of paper on that table will get coffee on it and thereâ€™s naught you can do.
9. It was honestly the most glorious autumn say in Sydney town today. Blue blue blue as far as the eye could see. Way too nice to be inside.
10. 5pm Friday. Itâ€™s a beacon of light on the horizon of a potentially dark week.