• Rock and roll is not dead.
• Wilco = the greater good.
• Nels Cline is a guitar god.
• Jeff Tweedy is just, I don’t know. A genius? Definitely an amazing human being. And funny. And happy with himself and playing music with his band. And FUNNY. And and and.
• There is no such thing as too many guitar techs.
• Or too many guitars, seemingly.
• You don’t need fancy lighting for an amazing show. Just great lighting. From someone who knows their shizzat. And I don’t know who that lighting person was last night but they were great.
• Cat Power’s lighting person should be taking notes, dig?
• There is not an international touring artist who comes to Sydney and doesn’t leave fascinated with our flying foxes.
• Wilco has the power to restore a persons faith in humanity.
They opened with Sunken Treasure. They followed that up with MF RESERVATIONS. Queue fainting. It was the most subtly beautiful beginning to one of the most fun and downright great music nights I’ve had all year. Wilco is the most consistently great live band going right now – they’re all so tight, and rocking, and they looked like they were having so much fun. And isn’t what it’s about?
Much love to Wilco. Forever.
Much more eloquent review and set list here.